The Mwanza Intervention Trial Unit (MITU) is a collaborative research Unit based at the National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) campus in Mwanza, Tanzania. The mission of MITU is to contribute to improving health through the development and evaluation of interventions against HIV and other health problems by conducting research, including clinical trials to the highest international standards; to enhance the capacity to carry out such research in Tanzania, and the East African Region; and to contribute to the translation of research findings into health policy.
MITU is currently running several research projects in the Lake Zone including Mwanza, Geita, Shinyanga and Simiyu regions. The implementation of the ongoing research projects involves data collection from study participants residing in these regions and MITU projects’ staff members usually stay in the field in rural areas for several weeks. Due to high demand of vehicles to cater for current project activities, we are inviting interested companies and individuals to submit their bid to provide vehicle and driver services for the duration of 6 months.
Bids for supply of cars
We are inviting bids for supply of cars as specified below:
- The bidder to provide a vehicle and a driver to offer transport services from MITU offices in Mwanza city to rural districts in Mwanza, Geita, Shinyanga and Simiyu regions.
- The vehicle should be a station Wagon with a capacity of carrying a minimum of eight passengers excluding the driver.
- The vehicle should be fully insured by a comprehensive insurance policy.
- The vehicle should be in good condition with all necessary safety measures (seat belts, first aid kit etc) in place.
- The bidder will meet cost for vehicle repair and periodic scheduled vehicle maintenance.
- The bidder will ensure the vehicle is clean and comfortable for the passengers.
MITU will cover costs for fuel following its strict fuel control system, and road and ferry tolls where applicable.
Terms and Conditions
We request bidders to indicate the following in their bids:
- Monthly rental fees under these conditions specified.
- Number of cars available and when cars will be made available.
How to apply
Interested bidders should submit their expression of interest with the title “Supply of vehicle and a driver” preferably through email address firstname.lastname@example.org or the address below:
The Mwanza Intervention Trials Unit
P.O Box 11936
The application should be submitted before 22nd January 2023.